I love sea food....and grilling the food gives fun,healthy too...I saw a whole fish grilling in a TV show from then i was soo excited to try.Finally one day we tried it was AWESOME.so i would like to share this lovely grilled fish with you.Unfortunately i couldn't take pics when doing bcoz we are only excited about the outcome only..:)It takes time for me to do it next time so i am just explaining and sharing the outcome pics.will definitely update step wise pics next time.
Whole fish (I have taken thilapia)
Red chili powder - 1tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
Lemon - 1tsp
Oil - 11/2tsp
Garam masala powder - 1tsp
For Preparing Rice
Basmati rice - 1/2cup(soaked)
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon stick - 1
Cloves - 2
Bay leaf - 1
Ghee/oil - 1tsp
1. Clean the fish by taking out scales(if any),gill and intestine(if any left) i retained the head.wash it with pinch of salt and water and drain the water completely.
2. Make some slits on both sides of the fish which will allow the Flesh to absorb the marinade mixture.
3. Take a small bowl add red chili powder,salt,turmeric powder,garam masala powder,lemon juice,oil and give a mix .Apply the mixture on all over the Fish taking care to push it into all the slits and the stomach cavity. let it sit for 10-15mins.
4. Meanwhile take a cooking vessel add 1tsp of ghee add cinnamon stick, cardamom,cloves and saute for a while till aroma comes out add 1cup water,mint leaves, coriander leaves,salt and finally soaked basmati rice close the lid and cook until the rice get cooked.
5. Prepare the grill to cook.( here i used charcoal grill).
6. Hold the fish and fill the cooked rice in the stomach pocket of the fish and close it either by stitching with thread or tooth picks.(i used tooth pick)
7. Place the fish on the grill and close the lid ,let it cook for 7-10mins and rotate the fish and cook for 5more mins.(adjust the time,it depends on the type of the fish too).
Serve hot tasty healthy fish with lemon and raw onion.and enjoyyy!!
- If you want rice also to be too spicy add biryani masala powder when cooking rice.
Thankq for watching the blog,any comments/feedback are appreciated.This is an entry for the event "Serve It" Series.. Serve It-Grilled conducting by
and event "Iftar Nights" conducting by Mehjabeen Arif