Hi!Dondakaya is one of my Favorite vegetable from my childhood only because of this simple recipe "fry".My mom used to cook this fry when she cooks dal(which is not my favorite)so that i will eat pappu along with that.Fresh,bright green tender tindoras are good for this.
This recipe best as side dish.
Red chilli powder - 1tsp
Oil - 2-3tsp
1. Wash the tindoras/Dondakayalu, remove the tip and tail ends.Slice them into thin rounds and keep aside.
2. Take a wide pan add oil,curry leaves(karivepaku),cumin seeds(jeelakarra) after they splutter add the tindora pieces/dondakaya mukkalu and salt so that they will be fried bit fast.Toss them with handle of the pan and fry until they are cooked.
3. Add red chili powder,salt and toss them for a while.
4. Add the grated coconut or dry coconut powder and fry for 5 mints on low flame.(until it absorbs).
5.Switch off the flame and serve.
- Dry coconut powder takes less time rather than fresh grated coconut.
Thanq for watching the blog,any comments/feedback are appreciated.