Hi!Mamidikaya pappu is favourite dal recipe for most of them.It is quick & easy too..Every body have a unique style of cooking.I would like to show the way how i learned from mom this yummy yummy mamidikaya pappu.
Toor dal/kandi Pappu - 1cup(rice cooker cup)
Raw mango/pachi mamidikaya -1
Green chillies -3-4
Garlic pods -2
Onion small (chopped)- 1
Mustard seeds/Avalu - 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds/Jeelakarra - 1tsp
Dry Red chilli - 2 tear
Garlic Cloves(chopped) - 3
Curry leaves -few
Oil - 2-3tsp
1. In a pressure cooker, place dal, mango pieces, onion(chopped), green chillis(slited), garlic(crushed)and turmeric pwd. Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook upto 3-4 whistles.
|After Pressure cooked|
2. Cook over stove top without lid,till the dal and mango pieces are cooked by adding some water and salt.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add mustard seeds and as they splutter, add cumin seeds, garlic, red chillis and curry leaves and stir fry for half a minute.
4. Add this to the pressure cooked dal and simmer it for 2 min or till you get the consistency of your choice.(when it cools it becomes thick so its good if you switch off when it is little bit loose).
5. I like to add 1tsp of ghee on top of the dal.(optional)
Your yummy yummy mamidikaya pappu is ready to serve with stir fy,vadiyalu.
- I like to add the seed also.Eating the fruit around the seed after cooking its very tasty.Try it!
Thanq for watching the blog,any comments/feedback are appreciated.